Title: Material Handler & Forklift Operator
City: Byron Center
TPS is open positions for all shifts – Material Handler and Forklift Operator to assist with Loads, unloads, and moves material within or near plant, yard, or work site.
• Loads and unloads material onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
• Loads materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
• Conveys material from storage or work sites to designed areas.
• Stacks or assembles materials into bundles and bands bundles together.
• Removes samples of material and/ or labels with identifying information as needed.
• Lifts heavy objects by hand or with power hoist, and cleans work area, machines, and equipment to assist machine operators.
• Assembles crates to contain products such as machines or vehicles.
• High school diploma or (GED)
• 1 year of Material Handler/Forklift Operator
• Must have the ability to read and comprehend simple instruction, short correspondence, and memos.
• Must have the ability to write simple correspondence.
• Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. The ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.